[Eastontowncrier] Town Crier: Easton Launches COVID-19 Information Line and Email

Easton Town Crier eastontowncrier at list.easton.ma.us
Wed Mar 18 23:50:52 UTC 2020

Emergency Management Director Kevin Partridge, Director of Health and Community Services Kristin Kennedy and Town Administrator Connor Read report that the Town of Easton has launched a COVID-19 Information Line and dedicated email relating to the spread of Coronavirus to answer questions specific to Easton's services and programs.

Both resources will be operational Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The COVID-19 Information Line can be reached by calling 508-230-0783 or emailing COVID19 at easton.ma.us<mailto:COVID19 at easton.ma.us>. This service is available beginning Wednesday, March 18.

Essential personnel are still working, and all Town Departments remain reachable by their standard telephone numbers and emails listed here<https://www.easton.ma.us/easton_residents/about_easton/contact_us.php>.

Any resident with a department-specific inquiry should contact that department directly rather than the general COVID-19 Information Line. Leave a detailed voicemail if the phone is not answered. Your call will be returned as soon as is possible, but may take longer than during normal operations.

The Town of Easton appreciates residents' continued patience. The Easton Emergency Management Association will continue to reassess operations and will keep the community informed of any further closures.

In keeping with the Governor's March 15 actions closing schools and restaurants and further limiting gatherings to maximize social distancing, the Town Offices and Frothingham Hall are to remain closed to the public until Monday, April 6. This also follows the joint declaration of a State of Emergency in Easton by the Select Board and the Board of Health on March 16.

The declaration does not limit Easton residents' movement or activities. Both Boards wish to communicate the critical importance of social distancing and adherence to the guidance of health professionals to the community.

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has also rolled out 2-1-1 for COVID-19. Residents can call 2-1-1 at all hours (24/7) to learn more about:
*       COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and treatment
*       Information about testing
*       Guidance for people planning or returning from travel
Select Board and Board of Health Declare Emergency, Speak to Community

The Easton Select Board, during a briefing on COVID-19 on March 16 available from Easton Community Access Television (here), expressed their appreciation to Easton's first responders and public servants, the Easton Emergency Management Agency, business and community leaders and volunteers for coming together during a difficult time.

"This is a difficult time for many, and we all are worried about our families, those vulnerable to the virus, our jobs, and what is happening to the economy," said Select Board Chair Dottie Fulginiti. "The Select Board takes its responsibility to the community very seriously, and the Town is working diligently to make decisions to protect our residents and employees, doing so with the most up-to-date data and the advice of professionals. This needs to be a time when the community comes together to support and take care of each other."

"Spending 40 years in human services, the first thing you do is run to the problem, but we all need to take social distancing very seriously to protect the community, and to support our emergency responders who are protecting everyone," said Select Board Vice Chair Craig Barger. "I echo the call for community and the importance of social distancing."

"We are just beginning to understand the full magnitude of how COVID-19 will impact our daily lives," said Select Board member Tom Brussard. "I am so appreciative of the efforts by everyone in the community and those doing their jobs in the incredible way that they do to serve our residents."

"Fire, Police, and those who must report to duty, they are out there every day during this challenging time and I am so thankful for that," Select Board member Chuck King said. "I ask that everyone able to be home use the time as much as possible for the greater good."

"Responders on the front line are out there in cruisers and ambulances right now doing their jobs when we need them," said Select Board member Marc Lamb. "We all need to support each other to keep distance and flatten the curve. Some may think the proactive measures we need to take are an overreaction, but we cannot risk being wrong about that, I hope everyone heeds the advice of health professionals."

"I am proud to be a part of the ongoing and coordinated efforts that our town departments are undertaking to inform and educate the residents of Easton on how to protect themselves and their loved ones during these unprecedented times," Lynne Leblanc, Chair of the Easton Board of Health, said. "Many of the suggested social distancing measures are disruptive but if we all do our part, we can slow the spread and protect our most vulnerable residents."

"We have had leaders step up from all departments and all ranks," Town Administrator Connor Read said. "I cannot stress enough how proud I am of our critical emergency personnel and all employees across the board in Easton and how thankful I am for their continued dedication during this challenging time."

Stay Informed

The Town encourages everyone to stay informed regarding COVID-19. The following websites are recommended for the most updated information:
*       Easton Department of Health and Community Services COVID-19 FAQ: Click here<https://eastontownma.documents-on-demand.com/Document/3ad2b9be-0d67-ea11-a2ed-000c29a59557/Department%20of%20Health%20and%20Community%20Services%20COVID-19%20FAQ.v1.pdf>
*       Town of Easton Official Website: www.easton.ma.us<http://www.easton.ma.us/>
*       Massachusetts Department of Public Health: www.mass.gov/covid-19<http://www.mass.gov/covid-19>
*       Massachusetts 2-1-1 general COVID-19 information: Click here<https://mass211.org/> or dial 2-1-1 (24/7)
*       United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov<https://www.cdc.gov/>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-of-Easton-MA/109553865754359?sk=wall>Follow us on Facebook
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/#!/townofeaston>Follow us on Twitter

Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this e-mail and join us in saving paper.

The Secretary of State's Office has determined email is a public record. All e-mail communications sent or received by persons using the Town of Easton network may be subject to disclosure under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10) and the Federal Freedom of Information Act