[Eastontowncrier] Town Crier Friday, March 8, 2019

Easton Town Crier eastontowncrier at list.easton.ma.us
Fri Mar 8 14:04:41 UTC 2019

LOCAL GOVERNMENT NEWS AND NOTICES
Town of Easton Email
Gmail is currently treating Easton's email domain (@easton.ma.us) as spam. As a result, emails from the Town of Easton are being automatically identified as spam and sent to the spam folder. If you are contacting or conducting business with the town online or via email, please be sure to check your junk folder for email notices and replies. We have contacted Google and hope to have the situation resolved as soon as possible.  In the meantime, please visit Gmail's help page<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop> for information on how to stop an email from being sent to spam and delivered to your inbox in the future.
Commonwealth's Search for Lease Space
The Commonwealth's Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) is looking for approximately 5,000 sq. ft. of storage space to lease in the Easton area. Specifically:
Locations:                        Avon, Boston in Zip Codes 02126, 02131, 02129, Braintree, Bridgewater, Brockton, Easton, Holbrook, Randolph, Raynham, Taunton, West Bridgewater
Type of Space:                Storage
Amount of Space:           Approximately 5,000 square feet of Usable Area
For Use By:                      The Department of Transitional Assistance
Project Number:             201804200.1
URL for RFP Page:           https://www.commbuys.com/bso/external/bidDetail.sdo?docId=BD-19-1019-DCP06-OOL01-35217&external=true&parentUrl=bid
The Deadline for submission of proposals is March 21, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. The RFP can be viewed and downloaded from COMMBUYS using the link at http://www.mass.gov/dcamm/leasing. You may also email leasing.dcamm at mass.gov<mailto:leasing.dcamm at mass.gov> or call 857-204-1355 to request a copy of the RFP, referencing the agency name and project number in your request.
Town Administrator's Preliminary FY2020 Budget Memo and Summary
Click Here<https://eastontownma.documents-on-demand.com/?l=ad89052f491a408f995b5f462da74ff8&r=2019&d=d480b7a7e62ee911a2c9000c29a59557> to view the Town Administrator's Preliminary FY2020 Budget Memo and Summary.

The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP)

Recently the MassDEP launched five programs that provide funding to encourage and support the use of electric vehicles.
·   MassEVIP Workplace Charging Program<https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-massevip-workplace-charging-incentives> open enrollment grant providing 60 percent of cost of hardware of Level 1 (120 volt) or Level 2 (240 volt) EV charging station to eligible employers with 15 or more employees in a non-residential place of business.
·   MassEVIP Multi-Unit Dwelling Charging Program<https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-massevip-multi-unit-dwelling-charging-incentives> open enrollment grant providing 60 percent of cost of hardware of a Level 1 or Level 2 EV charging station to eligible property owners with 10 or more residential units at the location.
Town of Easton Employment Opportunities
The Town of Easton has the following employment opportunities open:

·       Administrative Assistant/Boards (part time evenings - work is on an as needed basis)

·       Council on Aging Driver (part time - work is on an as needed basis)
For more information, and full job posting, please visit Town of Easton Employment Opportunities<http://www.easton.ma.us/easton_residents/employment_opportunities.php>
National Grid Pole Replacement
National Grid has started replacing poles and equipment along Center Street from Depot Street to Main Street. The project is expected to take between 4 and 6 weeks. Please be patient with the construction in this area for the foreseeable future.
Notice of Vacancies - Easton Shovel Town Cultural District Management Partners Team
The Board of Selectmen are accepting applications from interested volunteers seeking to serve on the Easton Shovel Town Cultural District Management Partners Team. More information on the Shovel Town Cultural District and the Easton Shovel Town Cultural District Management Partners Team can be found here<http://www.easton.ma.us/boards_and_committees/easton_shovel/index.php>. Interested applicants may apply for the vacancy by completing a volunteer form online at http://easton.ma.us/easton_residents/employment_volunteer_opportunities/index.php by March 8, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled at a future Board of Selectmen meeting. Please contact Michael Blanchard, Assistant Town Administrator, at mblanchard at easton.ma.us<mailto:mblanchard at easton.ma.us> or 508-230-0513 with any questions.
Easton Fire Department Introduces New Online Burning Permit System
In an effort to streamline the burning permit process for residents, the Town of Easton has moved from our in-person, paper permits, to an online application system. The improvements to the system for a burning permit, as well as requests to burn each day, we believe will greatly benefit our residents. Now permits can be applied for from a home computer, a laptop or even your smart phone. The steps to apply for a 2019 burning permit are very easy and the can be done in minutes Click Here<https://eastonfire.com/open-burning-permits-2/> or apply directly at https://permiteyes.net/easton/burning/homepage.asp all you need to submit the application is your name, street address and phone number.
The new online burning permit system will be in use for the upcoming 2019 burning permit season (which commences on January 15th). This will be the only method for applying for a burning permit moving forward, including agricultural permits. If you have any questions or need assistance, call 508-230-0750. A kiosk will be available at 413 Bay Rd. (Fire Station #3) during normal business hours, for those without access to a computer. We appreciate your patience during our transition to the new online service, and we hope that you find the process more efficient and user-friendly than methods used in the past. The Burning Season runs from January. For more information, please visit Easton Fire Department<https://eastonfire.com/>.
2019 Dog Licensing
The deadline to register your dog without late fees was February 28th.  Any dog licenses processed on or after March 1st will include a $5 late fee.  A current rabies certificate must be on file with the Town Clerk's Office in order to license your dog. To update your rabies on file please email<mailto:townclerksoffice at easton.ma.us> a copy to townclerksoffice at easton.ma.us<mailto:townclerksoffice at easton.ma.us>.
You may license your dog in one of the following ways:

·       License ONLINE<https://unipaygold.unibank.com/transactioninfo.aspx?TID=22364> (.25 bank convenience fee with electronic check) and your licenses and tags will be mailed directly to you ($1.00 postage & handling fee).

·       License in Person - You may stop by the Town Clerks Office during normal business hours. (Mondays 8:30AM - 7:30PM, Tues/Wed/Thur 8:30AM - 4:30PM, Fri 8:30AM-12:30PM

·       License by Mail - Click here<http://www.easton.ma.us/departments/town_clerk1/dog_license.php> for additional information on how to license your dog by mail. Licensing forms<https://eastontownma.documents-on-demand.com/Document/db96eb02-e4bf-e711-80bf-001fbc00ed85/Dog%20License%20Form.pdf> are ONLY required when registering your dog by mail.
Waste Management Guide
Waste Management has published a guide for homeowners to explain what is recyclable at home and most common contaminants https://recycleoftenrecycleright.com/resources/for-home/.
Assessor's Office

The Easton Assessors' Office is in the process of doing cyclical inspections of Personal Property throughout the town. The inspections are being done over the next few weeks with the inspector going door-to-door to businesses to do inspections of both the interior and exterior of commercial and industrial properties. The Department of Revenue requires that every community re-inspect its personal property periodically. As a result, the Easton Board of Assessors inspects some of its property every year. In addition to meeting state requirements, the objective of this project is to assure the accuracy of the Town's assessing data. The inspector, Renee Holloran, will have a letter of identification on town letterhead and will be driving a Volkswagen Jetta. For further information, contact the Assessors' Office at 508-230-0520.
The Public Health Nurse will be available for Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar screening for Easton Residents (on a walk in basis, no appointment needed) according to the following schedule:

·       Town Hall (136 Elm St., Mary Connolly Room, 2nd Floor) - Monday, March 25 (3PM-4PM)

·       Parker Terrace Community Room - Tuesday, April 2 (9:30AM-10:30AM)

·       Frothingham Hall - COA (15 Barrows St) Thursday, March 14 (10:30AM-11:30AM)

·       Elise Circle Community Room - Tuesday, March 19 (9:30AM-10:30AM)
To view the Easton Board of Health Public Health Nurse schedule for the entire year, please refer to Public Nurse Schedule<https://eastontownma.documents-on-demand.com/document/0179ce56-8f07-e911-a2c8-000c29a59557/Public%20Nurse%20Schedule%204%20locations%202019.pdf>
Meetings Next Week: March 11 through March 15
See time, date, location, and agenda details on our helpful calendar app: Town of Easton Calendar<https://eastontownma.documents-on-demand.com/Calendar>. Questions relating to public meetings should be directed to the Town Clerk's Office at (508) 230-0530. Stay informed of all town board and committee business by signing up for email notifications with our Minutes on Demand service! Sign up here.<http://eastontownma.minutesondemand.com/EmailNotifications/Login>
March 14: Honorable William Sullivan - Justice of the Superior Court at Council on Aging
We are pleased to be hosting the Honorable William Sullivan, Justice of the Superior Court located at the COA on Thursday, March 14th at 11AM. He will give us a general view of what a superior court judge does, what a typical day looks like, how he became a judge, and will talk about criminal and civil issues. The Judge will be joining us for a light lunch. Please call the COA if you would like to join us by the 11th so we can plan appropriately for the luncheon. 508-230-0690
April 3: Voter Registration Deadline - Annual Town Election
Wednesday, April 3rd is the deadline to register to vote for the upcoming Annual Town Election that will be held on Tuesday, April 23rd from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM. The Easton Town Clerks Office, located on the first floor of Town Hall, 136 Elm Street, will be open until 8:00 PM on Wednesday, April 3rd for voter registrations. Use these links to check to see if you are a registered voter and your voter status<https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx> or Register to vote online<https://www.sec.state.ma.us/OVR/>.
April 11: Community Visioning Forums-Easton Early Elementary School Project
>From 6:30PM - 8:30PM, Oliver Ames High School Cafeteria. Please join us for an interactive forum, centered on the current MSBA School Building Project in Easton. No sign-up is required. Topics include: Update on the progress of the project; Feedback on work done to date; Input into design development; Address any questions; Outline next steps.
April 23: 7AM - 8:00 PM - Annual Town Election
The Annual Town Election for the Town of Easton will be held on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 7:00AM - 8:00 PM at Oliver Ames High School.  Use this link for additional Election Information<http://www.easton.ma.us/departments/town_clerk1/election_information.php>.
April 28: Rabies Clinic - Easton Police Department

The Town of Easton will be holding a Rabies Clinic on Sunday, April 28th. The Clinic will be held at the Easton Police Station, 46 Lothrop Street, Easton from 9AM-11:30AM. Cats from 9-10AM, Dogs from 10AM-11:30AM. All dogs must be on a leash and cats should be in carriers. The charge for the vaccine is $10.00. Please call Animal Control with any questions at (508) 230-3353.
COMMUNITY NEWS AND EVENTS
The Ames Free Library - LOVE YOUR LIBRARY
The Ames Free Library is sending you a love letter, thanking you for your generosity. You sustain us as we strive continually for excellence. Please visit www.AmesFreeLibrary.org<http://www.AmesFreeLibrary.org> and click "Support Us" to make a donation today. Thank you!
Ames Free Library
The Ames Free Library will be rolling out a host of family events and new things to try in 2019. Check out our website! www.AmesFreeLibrary.org<http://www.AmesFreeLibrary.org>
Thursdays: Ames Free Library Welcomes You to Join the Social Club
Free program for young adults (18-29 years). Every Thursday night in March from 6PM-8PM at the Queset House.

Saturdays: Learn How to Use Google's Free Apps at the Ames Free Library
Join Burt Lewis, an Easton tech expert, trainer, and local social media pioneer for a free session that will teach you to navigate Google. Sessions are held every Saturday from 11AM-3PM. Each session lasts one hour and pre-registration is required. Contact the Ames Free Library for more information or visit our website: www.AmesFreeLibrary.org<http://www.AmesFreeLibrary.org>
South Coast Rail Project
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is transitioning all project websites into the newly designed, statewide www.mass.gov<http://www.mass.gov> website. The South Coast Rail's new project website can be found at: www.mass.gov/south-coast-rail<http://www.mass.gov/south-coast-rail>.
Recreation Department Programs
The Recreation Department is accepting registrations for Tee Ball, Chess Classes, Tennis and Adult Line Dancing. Click here for more information: http://www.easton.ma.us/departments/recreation_department/recreation_programs.php
March 9: Who's At the Original Easton Farmer's Winter Market from 10AM-2PM?
Kave Rock Farms is back with their alpaca products. Along with the farm goods and locally sourced products provided by: Sarah's Tasty Treats (vegan baked goods); Creative Confections (chocolates); Long Roofing (free estimates on home improvements); All Hands In (personal care products for a cause); Langwater Farm (produce); Jordan Seafood (seafood); Daddy's Homegrown (beef); Oakdale Farm (produce); and Rosie Bud (honey and honey-based products). The Original Easton Farmer's Market winter location is the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, located at 143 Lincoln Street in North Easton until Memorial Day weekend. Check out our Facebook page<https://www.facebook.com/EastonOriginalFarmersMarket/> for the latest information.
March 2 - May 25: Sign up Now for a Community Garden Plot at Wheaton Farm
The Easton Agricultural and Conservation Commissions invite you to register for a plot at the community garden at Wheaton Farm. The gardens are located next to the Wheaton Farm parking lot on Bay Road just south of the junction with Prospect Street. Plots are available within a fenced enclosure with full sun, running water, and a storage shed. Rental for a full plot (20 feet by 20 feet) is $75 and for a ½ plot (10 by 10) is $55 for the season. Reserve now to get your preferred location. For additional information, please download the Wheaton Farm Community Gardens Registration<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.easton.ma.us/Wheaton_Farm_Community_Garden_regulations.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjmpNHCx5LTAhVCwiYKHXRTCE4QFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHVW88dbm9XrB2-mN5gKri55doa_A> or contact the Easton Planning Department 508-230-0630. After tending your crops, you can also enjoy the over 1,000 acres of protected meadows, forests, marshes and waterways at Wheaton Farm.

March 10: Easton Historical Society Open House

The Open House of the Easton Historical Society March 10th from 1PM-5PM. View the outstanding new book of gravestones in the Taunton River Basin including Easton. Other displays will include recently donated artifact. Refreshments 238-7774
March 14, 21 & 28: The Social Club Series - Engaging Young Adults
Thursdays 6-8PM at Queset House 51 Main St Easton. Engaging young adults (18-29yrs) to join together to create their own Social Club. We will use circle practice, and a variety of activities where we will get to know one another and build positive relationships based on the joys and gifts that each of us possess. Each week there will be exercises and games to encourage sharing and learning about each other. Session will include mindfulness exercises and activity planning. For more information https://www.amesfreelibrary.org/events/2019/02/06/social-club or call Marcy Venezia 781-223-8221. Let's have fun!
March 11: Join Us in Easton for a Habitat for Humanity Build Meeting
You are invited to our community meeting to learn about the South Shore Habitat for Humanity home build on Electric Avenue in Easton. Learn How You Can Help. Monday, March 11th, Council on Aging, Frothingham Hall, 15 Barrows Street, 6:30-7:30 p.m. See the build plans and learn how you can help build a home that will change the lives of a family in need of affordable housing. Habitat will share its build plans and outline the ways you can get involved. Individuals, organizations, businesses and faith groups are encouraged to attend. Join us on March 11th. Visit www.sshabitat.org<http://www.sshabitat.org>. Call 781-337-7744 x14 Email: blyons at sshabitat.org<mailto:blyons at sshabitat.org>
March 22: Free Dental Screening Clinic for Seniors 60+
The clinic is organized by the Elder Dental Program, a program of Community VNA. Dental Professionals along with Dental Hygiene students from Regis College will:

·       Check for Oral Cancer

·       Provide specialized denture cleanings

·       Offer signups for a low-cost dental program (for low-income seniors)
At the Easton Council on Aging, 15 Barrows St. North Easton, MA 02356 on Friday, March 22, 2019 at 10:30am-12:30pm. Oral health education at 10:30 Appointments to follow. To schedule your free appointment please call: 508-230-0690.
March 28: Easton Women of Today Ladies Night Out & Style Swap Fundraiser
The Easton Women of Today, Inc. are hosting our 8th Annual Ladies Night Out & Style Swap Fundraiser with Trust in Tricia. The event will be held on Thursday, March 28th from 7PM-11PM at the Easton Country Club. Come enjoy a night out with to swap your gently used clothing, shoes, accessories and home decor, visit with Exclusive Vendors and to have fun with friends! For tickets and more information please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/easton-women-of-today-8th-annual-ladies-night-out-style-swap-charity-fundraiser-tickets-52670466784
Now through March 30: Ames Free Library - Learn to Navigate Google and Create a Website
Have you been wondering how to create a web page? Join Burt Lewis, an Easton tech expert, trainer, and local social media pioneer, and learn to navigate Google and create your own web page. To learn more or to sign up for a one-on-one session https://www.amesfreelibrary.org/events/2019/02/13/getting-started-google-free-apps or visit our website www.AmesFreeLibrary.org<http://www.AmesFreeLibrary.org>. These sessions are free and open to the public.
April 20: The 4th Annual Great Easton Cleanup
As spring approaches, it's time to register for the 4th Annual Great Easton Cleanup! Keep Easton Beautiful in partnership with the Town of Easton DPW organizes a spring litter cleanup each year. This year's cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2019. Bag and T shirt pickup starts at 8:45AM with the cleanup until 11:30, followed a celebration lunch for volunteers. This is a rain or shine event. At last year's cleanup, over 420 resident volunteers, including groups from the boy scouts, girl scouts, local churches, community groups, and businesses, removed several hundred bags of litter from roadsides, parks, and school grounds. Volunteers can sign up at www.beautifuleaston.org<http://www.beautifuleaston.org> Sign up before March 25th to get a free T Shirt. Easton's event is part of a statewide cleanup effort led by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful.
About the Town Crier
The Town Crier is typically sent on Fridays informing subscribers of local government news, notices and community events. To request an event be added to a future newsletter, please send an email to lflorio at easton.ma.us<mailto:lflorio at easton.ma.us> with the information in plain text as you wish it to appear. For consideration, please include event information, the name of the group/event, date, time, location, contact information and website if applicable. Please list all dates that you want to run the notice. The Town reserves the right to reject requests deemed not to be in the public interest or those promoting private benefits and is not responsible for typographical errors. Requests for inclusion must be received no later than Thursday 12:30PM in order to be considered for inclusion in that Friday's newsletter. Requests in the form of PDFs, JPEGs, press releases, etc. will not be accepted. Have a great weekend.

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-of-Easton-MA/109553865754359?sk=wall>Follow us on Facebook
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/#!/townofeaston>Follow us on Twitter

Help make the earth a greener place. If at all possible resist printing this e-mail and join us in saving paper.

The Secretary of State's Office has determined email is a public record. All e-mail communications sent or received by persons using the Town of Easton network may be subject to disclosure under the Massachusetts Public Records Law (M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10) and the Federal Freedom of Information Act